Monday, October 13, 2008

Reviving old passions

I've noticed one thing this past week......I have an annoying laugh. Honestly, it can be absolutely obnoxious to my own ears. A fellow employee informed me she loves my laugh but it can be obnoxious.

However, it's full-bellied, it's from the heart, it's genuine.

It also has a tendency to make others around me smile/laugh/giggle.

My laugh hasn't been so full for awhile now. I've found that with a certain inner calm (though not complete) my laugh has changed and I love it. It feels so great :)

This evening I'm going swimming with Kelly. I've always loved swimming. It was the one thing that felt semi natural, that I was semi good at, and it was something that made me feel good. I haven't really swam for three years now. It's nerve-wracking getting back in the water. But I'm excited!! I haven't taken the time for myself a lot these last three years, especially these last two.

In a sense I've completely lost sense of myself, I was so used to being uncomfortable and out of my element, I was used to being "responsible" and forgetting to pay attention to myself.

And now that I'm focusing back on personal growth and rediscovering who I truly am, I decided I wanted to rekindle an old passion. And along with that old passion came a friend who has jumpstarted me back into it. It's amazing how God circulates themes, friends, etc in our life at the right time, for the right reason, for the right lesson.

No comments: