Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Phi O Retreat

I said I'm proud to be in A Phi O :)

I'm a member of Alpha Phi Omega....for those who don't know it's a co-ed community service fraternity. Yes co-ed fraternity. No that would not make it a sorority. And we are brothers, not sisters. Ha ha ha

Last night we had our retreat. It was the first APO thing I was able to do this semester and man I miss that group of people. They are all so wonderful and supportive and grounded.

We stayed at the old high school in Nunn Colorado. First we did a little "name game" where they put the stickers on your back of a character and you ask others questions to figure out who you are. Do you know how long it takes you to figure out when you are Toto?!?!?!?!?! Lol.

We were in the gym and were shooting hoops, playing football, volleyball etc. We ate some rad dinner that everyone had cooked earlier and brought their dishes. Had some dessert.

THEN came pumpkin carving. I personally didn't carve a pumpkin. I'm not too good at it. HOWEVER I volunteered to be in charge of making pumpkin seeds. YUM!!! :) They were amazing.

The most amazing part was spending time with such high quality people. It was great to be with them, to laugh, giggle, be goofy, be excited, get hugs, give hugs, hang out. It was SOO wonderful to talk to Tami last night.

Her ex broke up with her a month-and-a-half ago, I broke up with Scott a month ago. We are helping each other to heal. We both read Captivating. We have been talking about that book a lot recently. It's good to have someone else to talk about that with. She just prayed to accept Jesus as her Saviour a few days ago :) I welcomed her to the family.

Tonight I went home and had dinner with my family and watched Friday Night Lights. It felt good to be back around my family again. It was fun to watch Friday Night Lights....man I love that show :)

Ok I need to get to bed. Onward bed-ho I go.

No comments: