Friday, October 10, 2008

Captivating

I finished reading Captivating last night!!
It was probably the best book I've read to date. I've never read a book that touched my heart and my feelings so deeply.
It has made me re-evaluate the way I go about life, what I need to do and believe for myself, and how valuable I am as a beautiful woman.
It's hard to put into words what it is that I felt when I read this book. It's like God opened my heart to it at the right time and was filling my heart with some much needed love and words from His mouth via the authors.
The last four chapters especially touched me the most. They perhaps reached into the deepest darkest depths of my heart, it's darkest secrets and what I struggle with most. The whole book was nothing but I raw dive into my own heart, but especially the last half touched me in a way the first half didn't.
It was encouraging and amazing to read how intimately God made us women, what we are designed for, the irreplacable role we place on this earth and the beauty of the relationship only we have as women with God.
I have a lot of "heart-searching" I'm doing right now. I have a lot of things in my life I need to address, I need to repent of, I need to forgive. There is also a lot of faith in my God that I need to have, no feeling it, just going straight for it.
My Creator LOVES me, He pursues me daily, He is captivated by me. I need to learn to accept that. I want to learn to the greatness of that truth!!
My head has been spinning since I read that book.....in a good way. It's just amazing how much my Creator knows me in and out, the depths of my heart. I would never have guessed that Jesus could see so far into my heart. Call it shallow but I thought I was pretty good of hiding a lot from the world. I guess this is a lesson that nothing is hidden from God :) And I am so comfortable with that at the moment.
There is so much that I don't want to hide anymore, and it's comforting to know I don't have to hide it. God knows, and He loves me despite the shame I have because of it. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who lives with the knowledge of my past.
I love that book, I would highly encourage ANY woman to read it :)

No comments: