Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Night on the Town

Tonight we went out to celebrate friends and my belated birthday. Kelly, Brian and I hit the town with Betsy meeting up with us later on with her friend Nicole.

It was a fun night :) We had a couple drinks but no getting drunk, we hit a couple different bars and took in the sights, we talked and laughed at each other, and we knitted more weaves in our friendships with each other.
Brian and I got to know each other better again tonight. Ok, that sounds weird as life is nothing but one continuous learning fantastic journey. But you know, we are still getting to know the basics of each other. What we think, what we know, past memories, likes, dislikes, what makes each other tick. I guess in a way you can say we are feeling each other out, hanging out, establishing a friendship.
I was amazed at a few of the things that happened tonight though. God always comes up in some way when we are together. I like that God is so intimately woven into both of us that it's a fundamental part of our identities. I love that he's not afraid to express it. I also really respect the fact that he's so adament to make sure that all of us women went inside first, that he opened all the doors for us. That he was concerned with the well-being of all four of us women. It's rather refreshing to see that.
Well anyway, I had a wonderful night. A relaxing fun exciting night. But I have church in the morning and therefore need to get a little bit of sleep. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

No comments: