Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Different Weekend

This weekend has been quite the weekend. It's been different that's for sure.

This is the first real weekend that I have had time to cope with being alone. Long-term. I didn't really realize how used I was to having a best friend to talk to everyday, to pour my feelings out to, someone to just INTERACT with until today. Scott used to be that. I could go to him about anything and everything.

Obviously breaking up interrupts that. I'm not saying I miss the relationship I had that I was unhappy with. But I do miss his friendship. More than anything, I miss a friendship in which that person knew just about everything about me, raw and honest. I don't have anyone else like that in my life other than my mom. I love my mom dearly, but I don't want to call and talk to her right now. Mainly because she has enough to worry about and honestly I don't really know WHAT to say, other than I just want some interaction. Interaction from someone who knows me and is just content sitting with me and not necessarily talking, just being there for me. That and I hate the phone, with a passion. Man, talking on the phone drives me NUTS!! But I guess it IS the only way to keep in touch with people sometimes.

I had an Arbonne party last night and that was fun! We did the spa line, they played with ALL of my product, we laughed talked and had fun. Yesterday morning my Aunt Marci and Uncle Mark came up and walked the Homecoming 5k with me. Talk about freezing!! This was perhaps the worst weekend to have a homecoming.....wet, freezing, dreary, overcast.....just downright poopy. Not the sort of weather for a wheeny like me :)

I was going to go to the homecoming football game yesterday but Kelly's puppy got sick, Brian never called/texted about meeting up at the game, I had no cash for parking and frankly wasn't going to cheer on the Rams in the freezing rain by myself! So I didn't go to that. Or the volleyball game today as I'm having a lazy day, sitting here in an oversized sweater and sweatpants and watching Hope Floats, avoiding my piles of homework.

Friday night was a blast though! It was the homecoming festivities. I was able to cross a couple things off my list. I went to the homecoming parade. I met up with Brian and we watched it. The theme was "Go Green". So of course our infamous green man was on a float, a whole bunch of 'dog-powered', 'horse-powered', 'foot-powered' and 'bike-powered' stuff was going on. It was fun :) However, none of the high school bands were there. That was a little different. I'm used to having the high school bands there as well.

Then there was food, the bonfire, the band played out on the lawn, the lighting of the "A" and fireworks. Brian and I had a nice night just chatting and hanging out. I'm still confused by him though. We know we have mutual "I have interest in you feelings" but yeah no idea what's going on at this point. We are just friends?! But we hung out last Sunday and I'm not sure if he considered that a date or not. Yeah I dunno. I'm confused, I'm protecting my heart.

We met up with some of his friends and they played b-ball at the rec afterwards and then we all played volleyball. That was fun! I have absolutely no hand-eye coordination and I'm a very awkward person. So let's just say that watching me was probably a bit embarrassing and/or entertaining. It was fun though, it felt good to be a little active again.

Kelly and I are going to start swimming tomorrow :) I can't wait....I've been wanting to get back in the pool for awhile now!

Alright, on to some homework I go.

1 comment:

Bri said...

I can understand your feelings about the breakup . . . I had some of those when I broke up with my ex too. Be strong through it and you'll find yourself in a way you hadn't thought. Miss ya!