Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Dreams Maybe Coming Reality

I got fooled today....April Fools jokes....ah I love them. Nothing bad, one of my employees pulled a good one though. She stuck a sticky note over the sensor for the mouse on the bottom so of course I'm crawling under the desk playing with wires and the other employee is laughing her ASS OFF watching me and finally says "Nicole stop, please just stop" and calls Courtney in. Well Courtney lifted up the mouse and on the bottom is a note that says "APRIL FOOL"....hahahaha it was a good one.

My mom sent me an email today that has me all sorts of excited. I am going to take a few weeks off of school after I graduate to just relax and take a breather and settle back into moving in with my parents. However, one of the guys in our church is a doctor and his wife is a nurse. He works at several hospitals including the VA hospital. She sent me an email today saying that he may have an 'in' for me to work as a CNA in the Neonatal ICU at University Hospital.

My career goal is to become a neonatal nurse practitioner to work in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit).

This job would be SO incredibly exciting to start off with, especially while applying to nursing school as it's EXACTLY what I want to do!!!

Ok I shouldn't get ahead of myself but it's a very exciting possibility and has me looking at the future just a little bit more optimistically :)

However, motivation to go to school right now is at an all-time low. The sad part is I don't care. If it weren't for me applying to nursing school (which rides on my GPA) I wouldn't care remotely at all about class or getting certain grades....I'm just 'over' this degree persay. I don't care about what I'm learning, I'm bored, I'm not being pushed to do something interesting to me, my professors could care less about me personally excelling.....there's no motivation behind me and I can't find it in myself.

I'll tell you what I AM excited about.....my camera. I have the urge all the time anymore to just be out with my camera having some fun and taking pictures....too bad I can't. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to play my brother play ball again or my other brother at a swim meet or the like so that I can keep working on action shots. I need a good hike to work on landscapes and micro.

I'm taking a headshot of my mom tomorrow for my dad (not sure what it's going to be used for) and she also wants me to take some pics of Kevan for graduation announcements or something. I'm not sure. But that's sweet....I can start building up my portfolio :) Maybe even this summer I can start working with a local photographer to learn how to do some editing on photoshop :)

Alright, well I need to get some sleep....I'm off to bed....it's been a long day!

No comments: