Friday, December 05, 2008

Tow

Today has been a day of interesting and mundane events one after the other. My car didn't start last night when I went to work on my group project. I spent ten minutes or so scrapping at least seven inches of snow off my car only to discover that it didn't start. At first I thought it was the battery but upon checking the headlights, they worked. I thought "eh" I'll figure it out in the morning. At 8:00pm standing in 10-degree weather, it's a tad chilly! Well today Tami came and tried to jumpstart me. Yeah even with being plugged into another battery....nothing, zip, zada, zilch. It won't even begin to turn over. Nothing. Absolute silence straight across the board.

So now I have to have the damn thing towed, looked at, labor done, probably parts replaced, etc, etc, etc. Get it fixed. Until then, I'm pimping the Reflections minivan :)

So yes, I got a case study and presentation COMPLETELY done, heck yes!!

Then this evening Tami and I went shopping!! We went to Forever 21 which is quickly becoming one of my most favorite stores. We both bought sweater dresses :) And we both got a fun sweater to wear....she got a black one and a teal one with a tan termnal. I got a red warm vest with a tan thermal to go under it. So on a high from our purchases, we go to eat. We have this wonderful beautiful dinner, just chatting away. At the end of the night, we actually got a guys number! One of the waiters came up to us at the end of the meal and said if you ever would be interested in a good meal, it's on me....discretely slid a piece of paper onto our table and walked away. Now you have to understand....this was a NICE restaurant. It just made our day that much more fun and interesting!!

It was so nice though. Tami and I were sitting there, chatting, enjoying our time. It was just so grown-up-ish that it blew me away. To realize how far I've come, where I'm at, and that it's ok to be where I am. For the second time in my life, I ordered an alcoholic drink while out in public. That's still so weird to me!! We paid for our own meal, shared a delicious dessert and were two young beautiful, confidant, radiant women enjoying our time together.

Anywho, now I'm back at home. Sore as ever. The inflammation in my back still hasn't gone down at all. The pain is worse than ever. Man it stinks.

Man I wish could go visit Vrbas and Bud. They are up in the mountains though. No bueno.

Alright, I'm off to bed. I need some sleep for once!!

No comments: