Saturday, June 13, 2009

Love My Grams

This afternoon I got to spend a really great afternoon with both of my grandmothers chatting the afternoon away after I got back from my fun night.

I'm not too close nor can relate well to my mini-grams (my mom's mom) as Grandma Adell has been coined. But one of my best friends is my Grams (my dad's mom) who has been the person that I can tell absolutely everything to without fear of judgment or reproach....she always gives her opinion but never loves me anymore or anyless and always gives her subjective advice. I also think she's my twin soul trapped in another body.

Anywho, I got to have a great conversation with her this afternoon in regards to my fun night last night, relationships, dancing, clothes, family and God. She is such a strong and beautiful woman....and it was refreshing to have such a candid conversation with her, especially given my energy level today. It was fun to have her get up and dance with me, and laugh with me, and get excited with me, and emotional with me. I absolutely loved it.

She also went to the saturday night church service with me this evening and I loved it. Getting to praise our God with her and sing with her and hug her like I do a lot in the middle of church.

I'm gonna miss her when she leaves back to West Virginia :( I wish I could just have her here the whole summer. I love her to death. And I look up to her in more ways than anyone can ever imagine :)

"A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend."

No comments: