Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Eggs Sunny Side Up

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Sometimes I have to remind myself of that concept. When I look in the mirror, I see nothing remarkable, nothing to take second notice of. Megan Fox in Transformers, now there's something to marvel over. Yet everytime I see Eric he always compliments me. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I just don't always see what he says. With my hair done and my foundation/mascara on, yes I am pretty. But even when I'm not wearing that, when he's seen me with messy hair and morning breath, he thinks I look good.

I'm sure he feels the same way though about himself. I'm sure he just thinks of himself as average, but I absolutely adore him physically. Everytime I see his smile, I find myself gawking at him in my thoughts. He's remarkably handsome.

Tonight, I treated him on a date. I paid to go watch Transformers 2 at the IMAX. I think it's absolutely great to treat the guy in the relationship and since I'm running out of money I thought I would do it now rather than later as I'm still pending on jobs. Before the movie we were talking and I found myself looking in his eyes. The best way to describe what I saw was a warmth towards me. I wouldn't call it love but rather a form of adoration. And it was the most calm my heart has felt thus far this week. We are crazy about each other and I love that. I love seeing that subtle excitement in his eyes and I hope it shines back in mine :)

Please call me a nerd.....one of my favorite movies is March of the Penguins. The Discovery channels are among my favorites as is animal planet. When we got National Geographic you can bet dollars to doughnuts I watched that all the time. When this movie came out I specifically remember getting uber excited, and it still thrills me to watch it. It's the ultimate love story for survival but more than that it's really fascinating to watch. Not to mention one of my favorite scenes involves the newly born penguins and them waving their little arms. I'm watching it right now and it's fascinating to watch their habits, their movements, their devotion and to hear what they go through to produce and raise a baby.

Penguins remind me of Britt. She's crazy over penguins. Her room was plastered with them :)

Some of the best things in life are the most simple and most precious:
A hug and kiss from a beloved person
A newborn baby and watching them grow
Observing animals and nature around you
The absolutely wonderful feeling of holding hands with the one you love
A soft caress
Someone rubbing your head
The power of a smile

Keeping on the sunny side of life :) Tonight is such a beautiful calm night outside....wish I had someone to lay with me outside and watch the stars.

No comments: