Saturday, February 28, 2009

No-Bake Black Bing Cherry Pie

This is a pie I've made before that I basically want a place that I can reference it but also share it. It's not very healthy (ok, nix that, it's completely bad for you) but it's very easy and very good....ESPECIALLY if you already have crushed graham crackers unlike me and don't have to crush them with your hands personally....that took me an hour the last time I made this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
2 lemons juiced
1 16.5 oz can pitted Bing cherries drained

1. Prepare crust by mixing graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Spread into 9-inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine condensed milk, lemon juice, and cherries. (If you like nuts and want added flavor you can also add 1 cup chopped pecans....I personally don't like nuts in my food).
3. In a separate bowl, whip cream to soft peaks and fold into milk mixture.
4. Pour into crust and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.


It has this really great sweet and tangy taste to it. Like I said not good for you at all but definitely hits the sweet spot and is VERY easy to make.

No comments: