Friday, February 20, 2009

A-List

A couple of weeks ago, one of my good friends and former college roomies had an A-list party to commemorate some of the people who were influential in some way or another to her throughout her college career. I was fortunate enough to somehow make it on this list of people :)

In all honesty, I'm not quite sure how. It's quite comical looking back on it though as I find we butted heads quite a bit while we lived together....I attribute that to both of our very strong personalities.

But somehow through all of that, I left a mark on someone's life. That means a lot. I don't really ever consider myself to be the sort of person to leave a mark on anyone's life or be of influence to anyone. Maybe it's a flaw in my character that I doubt that I can have that huge of an impact on anyone at this point in my life. Whatever it is, I was honored.

Here are a few pics from that event:








Roomies. Second Semester. Keystone 3316. Spring 06.

Anywho, it got me thinking who would be on that list for me. Who has influenced my life in one way or another that they have supported, molded, and refined who I am in this exact moment?!

Well let's go back. Some people I have broken ties with so therefore they aren't going to be on this list but they were still influential as learning lessons....just keep that in mind.

Amanda, Stephanie, Becky. Roomies Fall 05.
Rene and Erin. Roomies Spring 06.
Ashley, Kristin, Bethany. Several roomies from Fall 06.
Scott. Ex-boyfriend of 2 years.
Bri & Kenny. Friends from California.
Amy. Distant friend from California.
Britt & Shelly. Current roommates Fall 08/Spring 09.
Gina Cancino and Alyssa Grant. Great friends from class.
Maddie & Emilie & Jenn. Uplines in Arbonne.

I'm sure there are others that have really influenced my life along the way but funny enough I can't remember them right now. And if I can't remember them off the top of my head, they wouldn't exactly be warranted if I were to have an A-list party of my own.

Unfortunately, I have tons of successful friends. A ton of diverse friends. From around the country. A party like that would never happen for me. I also wouldn't them to, as that's not how I roll. We all know I'm not the greatest or most entertaining hostess. But those are friends who have taught me a lot about life, been there, and encouraged me along the past four years of my life. They all hold a very dear spot in my heart and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

So here is to my A-list :)

No comments: