Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day

G'day, the luck of the Irish to ya :)

I'm getting ready to head to my cousin's birthday get-together. It's the first time I will see my parents and aunt/uncle together in the same room since Thanksgiving. It's going to be a bit uncomfortable for me at first. I don't know if they have talked at all since then but apparently some sort of communication has been going on. Maybe they have even spent some time together!! I just haven't been there so at first I know I will be walking on eggshells until I can get a feel for the situation that's going on between them.

I'm sort of torn. I find myself getting very "attached" to Marshall's girlfriend. I really do like her. Tara Long. That's her name. She's very sweet, very real, very honest. She actually interacts with me...gasp!! Unlike his psycho ex or other various girlfriends to remain unnamed. She's very easy to get along with, has a good head on her shoulders. And I can tell she really does love and adore Marshall.

I'm just torn.....because I feel that everytime I actually get attached to one of his girlfriends (which is rarely) they don't last and then I'm left with odd strings to deal with on my own....like should I or should I not continue talking to her, will she want to talk, all that good jazz. I also think she's good for him.

However, I know that they are both getting their associate's in May and heading off from McCook to go on to bigger and better things. Marsh is trying to find a place to get on a baseball team....sounds like he's looking at Mesa & Metro here in Colorado. And Tara has a full-ride as long as she stays in-state in Nebraska. So I hope to God she stays in Nebraska and doesn't follow Marsh. However, of course, knowing this I also know how often relationships fail when two people go two different ways.

It sucks. I like her :( And I find myself getting to know her more and more at the games.

ICK. I hate the complications of relationships sometimes. All of them!!!

I just made my picks for March Madness.....basically it boils down to pure dumb luck. I know nothing about college basketball. We'll see how well I guessed though!!

Alright, I need to get heading off to trapsy around the state of Colorado again....I think I've put almost 900 miles on my car since saturday morning.....poor thing, she needs an oil change like yesterday.

Green beer!!! :D

No comments: