Saturday, March 21, 2009

Canon Rebel XS

I went to my parents house today to hang out and also have lunch with a friend I haven't seen in years.

To be honest, this graduation thing is a little foreign to me at the moment. Perhaps because it's not what I want to do with my life I haven't seen it as a big deal. However, the past couple weeks reality that I REALLY am graduating with a bachelor's degree has been creeping in.

No more so than my parents getting me a graduation present. I honestly wasn't expecting anything and was caught off guard when my brother Kevan texted me one day and said "you're gonna like your grad gift!" I literally was like "jigga what?"

Anywho, I got my present today....it's a Canon Rebel XS 1000!!! I'm pretty damn excited. I will be reading this manual for the next week and playing/experimenting/dabbling. It's going to take me a LONG time to get used to and learn all about his new camera but I'm SO stoked.

I also got a pretty good telephoto lens and printer for free with the purchase. So overall the entire purchase was $700 for my parents....I'd have to say that's not bad at all considering what all I got and how much I have been drooling over cameras.

My dad is just as excited as I am, playing and messing so we will have to mess together a lot when I move back home in May.

But today it was a very pleasant surprise that I'm very grateful for :)

Now I just need a laptop to work with :) That's my next purchase next month!!

Ok off to play with my new toy :)

No comments: