Sunday, November 22, 2009

Currently reading

The Kite Runner

It really puts into perspective the turmoil and the turbulence that happens in that area of the world. It's distressing. I've had to stop reading the book halfway through much like I had to stop reading A Thousand Splendid Suns halfway through, because I just get so pisses off at how unfair life seems to work out.

But then there's always a story of redemption.

Next on my to-read list is Three Cups of Tea and then after that is a light reading book called My Horizontal Life.

There's been a lot of putting into perspective of my life lately....but it also seems to make me even more restless. I'm doubting have a purpose and questioning what my purpose is. Is it really to love others with my whole heart?! Or am I missing another purpose?!

I emailed The Children's Hospital today to learn how to become a blood donor and then I'm attending a meeting to sign up to become a bone marrow donor. And then I'm volunteering at the Denver Rescue Mission on the 18th. I need a purpose to my life, I need something to do. I need to feel worthy and like I'm making a difference.

Right now my life has no meaning, no foundation, no direction.....at least in my opinion. Life is not what I want or need it to be right now. I don't know if it's growing pains, not having enough faith, or simply I'm paying my dues in life. All I know is I can't wait to have a little bit of tranquility and happiness back in my life.

Maybe I'm looking for it in all the wrong places.

No comments: