Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grams C

My Grams has been in town for the past two weeks. She's only here for a little over three weeks. And I haven't had much time to sit down and talk with her as our schedules haven't meshed up.

However, last night when I came home from babysitting, I got the chance to sit on the end of her bed like I used to do and catch up with her.

And it was bliss!!

My Grams is one of my best friends and one of the people I look up to most. I only hope that I can have the faith that she has one day.

But more than that, she has always been a steady rock of unconditional love, guidance, and an ear to talk to.

She's always been prepared to listen to me, talk to me, give me advice and send me away with a hug, kiss, and a bible verse or prayer.

It was so good to have her back and talk to her like that again! I just wish she would finally move here from West Virginia. I want her around to be with her family and grandkids and now great grandkids. I want to have her back here when I get married and start a family. I want her around for all that. I want to have her back when I need her and I know all of us kids and grandkids feel that way!!

I cherish the nights and talks I have with my Grams :-)

Me and my Grams two years ago

No comments: