Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blowing Kisses

My kiddos just always seem to make my day....it's the little things that keep me going and really help me to know that even though I think I'm just a simply by-stander in most people's lives that I sometimes make impacts.

I work with Ethan's family on Mon/Wed's. It's physically strenuous work on me. Not because it necessarily HAS to be. But my mindset is that for the six hours each day that I'm with him, he is able to get that one-on-one time that allows him to do the things that I can do on my own that he can't.

My outlook on life is that I have a healthy body. And as long as it's healthy I will use in any way that I can to help others. It's why God gave it to me in a healthy manner.

So therefore when I'm with Ethie, it's a lot of physical work. My body becomes his body in all senses so I do the work of two people...using my body for stability and support so that he can use his body as much as possible in ways he can't always do.

But through it all, there are little things that make my exhaustion at the end of the day, and constant backpain worthwhile.

Ethie has horse-riding therapy once a week and I help Annie to get him ready for it. The other day before they left out the door to go I was playing with Ethie getting him ready, telling him to have fun and have a great weekend because I wouldn't see him until Monday. We were playing pirates and he acted as though he didn't care what I was saying.

But as soon as his mom picked him up to take him out to the car and I got my purse he said "bye", waved to me, and then blew me a kiss....without me asking him to. (It's the cutest thing ever...he makes a popping noise with his lips and puts his hand to his mouth.)

And his mom turns to me and says "I hope you know you are the only one who gets kisses without asking, and kisses as you leave without you asking him to. Always right on cue. They are only for you!"

That small thing, my friends, is what life is all about. That small thing is how God shows me that at that exact moment in time, everything is perfect, and I am exactly where I need to be. I am helping the world in the exact little way He wanted me to. And I am obeying His plans for my life.

Life is great, no matter what happens, when at the end of the day, I get those little blow kisses!