Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy-ness

Sometimes I loathe being so busy all the time. You know the busy-ness where you never have time to sit down and enjoy yourself and fully breathe?! Everything is always at a hare's pace.

But sometimes I really do love it. It keeps me occupied and out of trouble and it helps me to keep focused on things that distract me from other things I shouldn't be focused on.

I will say that right now it's a really great excuse to not focus on relationships or worrying about what the future has in store as I don't have much time to contemplate it. I have been working with Ethan out the wazoo, working for my parents to help them out, and babysitting like it's going out of style.

But what better ways to spend my time?! I have nothing else that I really have to do. I'm single, only working part-time with Ethan and my parents at-will, and I have no class deadlines or the like. So basically, it's better than doing nothing. But sometimes I miss those nights where I can just take time for myself. I haven't worked out in over a week because I've been too exhausted. When I get home, it's all I can do to make it into bed at the end of the night sometimes without crashing out while I'm doing things like changing into non-sweaty clothes or brushing my teeth.

But I think it's all part of God's plan right now. It's amazing how the distractions come when we really need them. I prayed for God to give me the strength to get through some hard things right now and He really did answer my prayer. He knows that I can't just sit idle and work through these sort of things. He knew I needed distraction over quite a bit of time and well voila I have it!! It has been a blessing. I'm glad that He chose this time to unindate me with tons of busy work and always being on the go. It's helped me to stay focused on what I need to and not on what is "bad" for me at the moment.

And well, he chose to keep me busy with something that brings happiness to my face and a feeling of being so blessed to my life. I couldn't ask for more. I get to be with my little Ethie and with my kiddos.

I mean really....I walked through the door today and Ethie knew it was me and got so excited!! He can say "nnnn" now for my name. That's pretty darn exciting!! And we went to the pool today, which was tons of fun. Two hours into our three hours at the pool, my back was killing me and he had choked on water pretty bad once as I was pushing the limits of having him go underwater....and when I asked after a little break if he wanted to go back in with me or go with mom, he chose me!! It was a small little thing but it completely made my day :-)

It's the little things in life that mean the most!

1 comment:

A Lady Called Amy said...

glad you're getting what you need and having many cool experiences as you get it. :)