Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ra Ra Ree, Kick em in the Knee

Last night I went and watched my dad coach football.

Ok, not a huge deal as my dad has coached football for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS. I've grown up around the game....I ate, breathed and slept football with my family for years. BUT he coached pee-wee and middle school.

This year he is coaching high school football at Fort Lupton High....my dad has always wanted to coach high school football. It's his passion.

So I went and supported watching him coach the first home game of the season. I think it meant a lot to him to have me take time to come and see him and support him. Not gonna lie, I was bored out of my mind. They aren't good and got their asses handed to them with a final score of 44-0. The score was 30-0 halfway through the second quarter.

But he laughed and gave me a big hug.

I went with him to Coach Roedl's house after the game to have some food and a couple beers and chit-chat. It was fun :)

1 comment:

A Lady Called Amy said...

Glad you got to have some happy time with your dad! A break from the stress your fam often gives you!! Yay!!!