Sunday, September 06, 2009

Let's Talk

Life has been so busy lately and while I love it I also find my body getting worn down and I find that I don't have enough time to do all that I want to do!!!

I finished my nursing application and got it in. I have no idea if I'm the type of candidate they are looking for or not but I surely hope so. I hope that my essay and grades are what they are looking for to get me in. Starting "the" degree is exciting and scary to me all at once. It's my future but I also know that right now I sort of enjoy not having TOO much responsibility....starting that degree is a huge commitment. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for it. Just nervous as it's getting down to the wire once I do.

My phlebotomy class starts next month and I look forward to it!! Not so much to getting stuck with needles when we start having to learn on each other but it's another advancement....I enjoy that :)

I have been hired as a "personal assistant" for one of the ladies I babysit for. I've committed ten hours of my life each week to helping her out, whether it be by babysitting or helping her with her classroom work or errand running. It's extra money in my pocket and I adore her little girls!!

I got a long-term job as a substitute para starting tuesday. I was requested from Henderson to take the job as a preschool special education para. Ok let me repeat that, I was REQUESTED!! I only worked one day there and they wanted me back. Kind of a cool little pat on the back that I'm doing a good job whether I know it or not.

Wow, between all that I realize how much time I don't have. I didn't get a chance to start volunteering at the Denver Rescue Mission last week because I got sick and it just was crazy chaos. But this next week I hope to start!

I wish my friends would realize not to stay with people who are abusive towards them. I spent last weekend running to Denver at the drop of a hat for one of my besties after her and her girlfriend got in a fight. I found out her girlfriend has hit her before and berades her often for her weight and other various things. I want to shake my friends and be like "don't do it, you DESERVE better!!" I support her in whoever she dates, but once that person stops treating her the way she deserves to be treated, well let's just say Mama Nicole personality kicks in and I get HIGHLY protective. I just want my friends to be happy and healthy in love, not miserable and treated any less than amazing.

Eric and I have been hanging out quite a bit lately. We are dating again, but I'm not sure what that means. He's supposed to talk to me about that today, he promised. It's been really nice to get to hang out with him again. Friday we went up to Greeley to hang out with my cousin and spend the night there so as to go to tour de fat yesterday. I admitted to him quite a few secrets of my past that hopefully explain a little bit more about me. I had a great time with him.

He told me he loved me. Unprovoked by me. That's pretty damn huge I think.

But he also told me that he wants to be perfect for me. I don't want perfect, I want him to be who he is, real and true to the core. Perfect is boring; I like him, his adventurous spirit yet the fact that I can't ever seem to really figure him all the way out. The fact that I know he will have tendencies that will annoy me actually makes me like him more!!! I wish he could see that. Perfect is not what I want.....just him, just who he is.

But we will see, everything takes time. If it's meant to be it will work out, if not then God has something different in mind for me.

Tour de fat yesterday was SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! But I will save that for later as right now I'm gonna go see Kevo. I miss him :( He's in town for the holiday weekend and my music needs to be updated!!

Love love love

No comments: