Friday, January 09, 2009

The Line Between Reality and Fantasy

One thing I love about a great book.....it becomes my reality. One thing I hate about a great book....I have to return to my reality after the thrill of living a wonderful story.

I started the second book of the Twilight Saga today....New Moon. It's depressing. I feel as though I've been crushed like Bella has in the book. It's amazing how much a book can become me for the time I live in its realm.

Tonight I'm going to go watch the movie. After finishing the first book and having a concept of the characters in my head, I want to see it on film, see someone else's interpretation. I know it's not going to be as absolutely spectacular as it is in my head, but I can still live it again. The plot line I know will vary from the book, won't include what I'm reading now and will read in the third and fourth books.

This is one series I don't want to end. I want to live the love story right now. I'm on it's high, following its intense and raw journey.

Here's what keeps me reading like a fiend: does Bella become a vampire?! Don't answer this question if you know. It's what keeps me reading. I want to know if they spend eternity together. I want to know if their love is going to soar into infinity.

The intensity of the emotions is drawing me wild. The author is writing as intensely as I feel, for once a writer whose intensity matches the intensity of my own emotions, how wild they can be, how you can't fight them.

I've been obsessed with Paramore's song Decode for the moment and I relate to a few lines.

1. "My thoughts you can't decode...."
2. "There is something I see in you, It might kill me I want it to be true."

Anyway, I'm off to the theater to let my mind revel in it's current reality.....a fantasy love that my heart is wildly living through at this moment in time.

No comments: