Tuesday, January 27, 2009

From Flip-Flops to Boots

HOLY MOTHER!!!

It is FREEZING outside....not as in I'm a whimp....as in it's really below freezing outside. I think today is warmer than yesterday. It's 12-degrees Fahrenheit instead of 9-degrees Fahrenheit like yesterday. But still....for those who don't know....freezing is 32-degrees Fahrenheit.

Thank you Scott...if you ever read this. For my boots. We got 6 inches of snow in Colorado this weekend and these boots have literally saved my life. Not only is it ten times easier to walk to class but the back of my pants stay dry. And my feet stay nice and warm :) I just need to invest in more pairs of long socks now.

All of this after walking around in a t-shirt and flip-flops the beginning of last week. What the hay?!

I think I'm officially crazy. I'm into the second week of classes and I'm taking 17 credit hours. It's already completely hit me how busy I am. I go from about 8am to 5pm every day straight with both work and school. Not to mention staff meetings taking up all of my Tuesday evening and APhiO meetings on Sunday evenings. And computer open lab on thursday evenings to do my assignments for my business computing class. Agh, I'm already tired of school. Last semester. YEAH!

I'm getting anxious. Next week I start applying for nursing school and it's nerve-wracking to say the least. I also need to start planning on where to live, where to apply for a job for summer. I need to get family stuff squared away. Man oh man there's just WAY too much to do!!!

On a lighter night.....I'm taking the advice of Lady Gaga: "Just dance, gonna be ok, dada-doot-doot, just dance, spin that record babe!" hahahaha I'm dancin my way through these weeks and trying to have some fun.

We might be having a girls night tonight!!! And for sure are having a game night on friday night!! Hells yeah :)

Ooooooh.................You set my soul alight
Glaciers melting in the dead of night
And the superstars sucked into the supermassive
[The Muse: Supermassive Black Hole]

A few things I miss at the moment:
Grams
Bear hugs
Passionate kisses
Not having dry hands
Flip-flops
the beach
Memories
carefree days
Sleeping in
my ass fitting into my jeans without doing lunges to stretch said jeans

Anywho, I need to get to working on some homework while I'm at work. I'm jettin.

1 comment:

DS said...

It's not even that cold in Canada!!!! And keep dancing to lady gaga song. You will get through everything just fine. Just take one step at a time:) (Jordin Sparks)