Sunday, September 14, 2008

Curves

Last year I got in a car accident in which I've been suffering quite a bit of lower back pain. In all honesty it's gotten out of control. The doctor said that I have a mild form of scoliosis.

I mean this honestly, thank God for Arbonne because their herbal muscle massage gel is the ONLY thing that makes it feel better. It's the only thing that lessens the pain and relaxes my muslces. There have been nights that I've been in so much pain I'm almost in tears, tylenol doesn't work, but ten minutes after I put that stuff on, my back relaxes and I can finally sleep.

Anywho, on Thursday in my Exercise Testing Instrumentation Lab I was able to get a DEXA scan done (it scans and calculates bone mineral content, fat mass and nonfat mass to calculate % body fat). Anywho, when you print out the scan you get to see a scan of your skeleton.

It's CLEARLY obvious that my scoliosis is a little more than very mild. It's a very clear and fairly drastic curvature in my spine. It's actually quite ridiculous. So now I have to go to the doctor for my curvature.

Hopefully everything goes well :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Praying for you, lady!! Sorry you have to deal with more shtuff :/ but God is faithful!