Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer delight?

Hmmm.....I think not. Whatever happened to the summers of childhood?! Where summer brought carefree days filled with adventurous nights, without many cares in the world. Now it's full of three classes, a high-stress lower-paying job with little to no time and too many cares...enough for the WHOLE world.

21...This summer I will be 21. And I don't get to celebrate my birthday. It's not like I want to go out and drink and get "smashed" and whatnot. A simple glass of wine with anyone special would do the trick. I simply would like to celebrate my birthday without being in a wedding in Kansas or family forgetting or working on my birthday. Ok nix that, I have school, work AND I'm studying for a final on my birthday this year. And no time to celebrate. You're supposed to have fun on 21...I'll celebrate with ice cream and maybe a cheap bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry wine on my birthday.

I'm studying for a discussion for my online art appreciation class. I'm looking at real photos of Frida Kahlo. She painted herself mostly....torturous painful biographical pictures obviously displaying what she felt inside. She never smiles in any of the real-life photos of her. It's quite sad to see in her eyes so much sadness. It makes me want to give her a hug.

I have figured out I'm always the last to know anything. I found out my boss is bisexual. Apparently I'm the ONLY one at work who didn't know that....unbeknownst to me I found out during a private conversation with her yesterday. Took me off guard. It never ceases to amaze me that people never cease to amaze me and blow me from left field with something I don't expect them to tell me! It must be that people feel as though they can confide in me without judgment as I usually find out these things in pretty personal detail....however why am I always the last to know?! I need to get out more....that's all there is to it.

Alright, quick break in the studying....back to Biochem, Algebra and Art Appreciation. Oi va.

No comments: