Saturday, June 14, 2008

Greenwood Village Goose Chase 2008

This year I am biking the MS150....for those who don't know it's a bike ride to raise awareness and money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. 150 miles in two days. We'll see if I can do. Ok not IF I can do it, how LONG it takes me to do it over those two days.

Anywho for a training ride we rode in the Greenwood Village Goose Chase (we being my father, my uncle Mark and I....half our six-man team for the MS150). We originally signed up for the 42-mile ride. However, we only did the 30 (which ended up being a little over 30 miles). It took us 2 1/2 hours to finish but we did it!!

Later on I will post some pictures. I only have pre-race pictures on my camera but on Monday the professional pictures will be available online and I hope to copy and post the proofs from the website. So pictures to come. It kicked my ass but it was fun :)

Tonight I'm babysitting so I'm going to go rest up for that. It was a good day. My butt hurts, my face and legs are burnt and my thighs are killing me but at least I did it!!

MS150 here I come!!!


(June 15th) Here are a few pictures I pulled off my camera and edited a little bit from before the race:

Before the race.....we had to unload our bikes and get everything prepped...including the obligatory number pinning on the jersey (my favorite part)!



We were so excited we were at the starting line 30 minutes prior to it....Dad (in white) and Uncle Mark (in blue) were so excited they were in awe of being right there. About 20 minutes later this area was swarming with many bikers in brilliantly colored jerseys with unique bicycles ranging from the most expensive to rented ones to even one of the old huge wheel bicycles from the early 1900's!


And of course, I had to get a picture with my Dad as we he's the reason I even believe I can do try something no matter what the circumstances and who pushed me through the entire race...even slowing down to ride BEHIND me at one point to keep me going when he realistically could have been one of the first riders done. Love you Dad :) By the way, notice how even though I'm 5'6" he still makes me look like a dwarf ;)

1 comment:

The re-awakening of an Athlete said...

Me too - I am going to buy at least one of the two photos that were taken of me - though not really picture in general.

Best to you on the MS150