Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ready....set....

I work as the Personnel Manager at the Campus Information Center/Campus Box Office (aka I.Box) here at Colorado State University. I have algebra in the mornings at Front Range and then drive on over to get to my biochem class and work. Today when I drove in I saw TONS of white tents being set up. At the time my thought was "What the heck is going on here?"

My brothers Marshall and Kevan are working for a tent company this summer that puts up and takes down the huge events tents. I get a text from Marsh around 1:00 asking if I'm on campus because they are there setting up and then it dawned on me!! The MS150 is this weekend and THAT'S what all the tents are for.

No I did not forget that I was riding in the MS150, I simply spaced that we are starting at Front Range in Westminster and ending at CSU on the first day and that just so happens to be saturday and today is thursday. Thinking to myself "Duh Dummy, do the math!! You ARE in algebra..."

But yes the MS150 is this weekend. For those who don't know it's a bike ride to raise money and awareness for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Each state has runs, walks and bikes for MS. Right now is Colorado's bike ride event. Our walk event was the very beginning of May. On saturday I will ride 75 miles from Front Range Community College Westminster to Colorado State University on saturday (and yes we ride over Horsetooth Reservoir...YIKES that is going to be a test of will) and back down to Westminster on Sunday. 150 miles with the road, the wind, nature and my butt glued to my bike seat. I'm excited :D

Speaking of bike rides, runs and walks: I'm organizing a team that will consist of my aunt, mother, my aunt's friend (and pretty much a part of our family) Tori, and myself...and whoever else should want to join that will walk a bunch of charity races. We love to do this sort of thing and we love to walk so it works!! I need to come up with a schnazzy team name and then I'm going to design and order us some t-shirts and then I'm going to start signing us up for things. Relay for Life, Race for the Cure, March of Dimes, Turkey Trot, Reindeer Stroll, etc. Know of any?! Let me know. Want to participate?! Let me know. Want to sponsor us?! Let me know!

Alright, because I'm spending my weekend on a bike I won't do homework. So that means I need to do it now. Signing off :D

No comments: