Sunday, June 15, 2008

Longing for that camera

Oh yi yi, I didn't realize that I was going to be so sore!! I realize I'm an amateur but I wan't ready for the soreness I would feel in my neck this morning waking up after the bike race. I'll tell you what though...the bathtub is my new best friend :)

Last night babysitting the kids turned out to be a gratifying adventure. I took them to the pool despite being exhausted from the mornings events and being a tad sunburnt. They had so much fun though not to mention it helped to thoroughly wear them out as much as it did me. I had to push them home, with Ashlynn and Joslynn sitting the double stroller stacked high with three bags of goodies and towels and clothes, etc. hanging off the back. What a day for cardio!!

Watching them is absolutely wonderful as they are so well-behaved and the greatest kids but it serves as a wonderful form of birth control...hahaha. I love kids but know that I'm not ready for ANY of my own ANY time soon. But at the end of the day getting to tuck them in "as snug as a a bug in a rug" and giving kisses on their foreheads is so rewarding.

I have such an urge to bust out my manual camera and resume my photography. Only obstacle: I don't have a darkrom and hate sending my pictures to Wal-Mart for them to crop and mess with as their general machines see fit. Oh how I want a darkroom!!! One day, one day...just not any day soon. Until then I would settle for having a better digital camera than my crappy general kodak bottom-of-the-line one I have right now. But for now it serves my purpose, to capture moments that mean so much to me. Maybe for my birthday my whole family will pitch in for Nicole's "I need a new camera fund!" Hehehehe I could only hope though.

This week in between algebra tests, art appreciation discussions online, biochemistry reading and working I'm determined to find time to bike up Horsetooth. Think I can do it?! Tell me no and I'll prove you wrong ;)

No comments: