Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekend Reminders

This weekend was so crazy....but it proved to me a couple things.

I have the best ecclectic group of friends I could ask for. I have the best friends I could imagine. I am a very blessed woman.

And there ARE men out there who are willing to fight and pursue women. Communication is possible.

I have a friend that I can be completely open and honest with and ask things of at any time of the day or night and she will always be there for me. I have a guy friend who really does care about me, finds me attractive, but still loves the shit out of his girlfriend. And I have a friend who has reminded me that loving others and taking crazy chances is always worth it.

An interest of mine also proved that he will pursue me, deal with my moodiness as he did last night, and still hug me at the end of the night. He showed me that we can be in a tiff at each other, handle it like adults, and laugh it off the next day. He also reminded me that it's ok to stare in someone's eyes while talking.

This weekend reminded me I'm young and have a ton ahead of me though I feel like I'm going nowhere, and that it's ok to live life up and not be in a relationship. It proved to me that life is meant to be lived at 110 miles an hour and one can thank God in the morning out loud while walking to one's car wearing last night's makeup and messy clothes, and your day will still be blessed. This weekend reminded me I have a lot of life to live and a purpose and I need to stop holding myself back....and it reminded me how much my support means to others, and how much I really can help others, even with the simple things.

It reminded me how wonderful my real laugh is, and how much others fall in love with each other's genuine selves, if they are just shown. It reminded me how much I hate fake people and the lack of authenticity that comes from most of my generation.

Also, watching the UFC fights on the rooftop of a 3-level loft right next to Coors Field didn't hurt anything at all....it showed me there's much more out in this world that I have the opportunity to achieve, if I just work hard.

No comments: