Sunday, May 09, 2010

Philippians 2:12-18

I'm sitting at the family computer, admiring the sunset that I can see out the den windows, watching the neighbor boys play baseball and banter back and forth, and watching the wind gently blow through the neighbors trees.

Earlier today I went outside and the smells of the season hit me. I could smell the blossoms on the tree and a very faint hint of lilacs...mmmmm :-) Earlier this week I got to enjoy the smell of fresh rain fall and dandelions in bloom. I got to watch caterpillars go through their transformations to become butterlies this past week (in our classroom, we had caterpillars to accompany our bug unit). How amazing it is to watch such a beautiful and intimate transformation of life. These beautiful butterflies start out as these small fuzzy worm-like creatures who literally grow before your eyes and spin these rather grotesque cocoons, only to transform into something amazingly beautiful.

Today our family enjoyed mother's day together. We were all together again, for another holiday, which is going to become more and more scarce as all of us kids start to grow up and start to date and start families and whatnot. It was another day to cherish each other. I attempted to cook, nothing big, just some chicken and veggies and fruit....and of course made brownies for dessert! Our family is so blessed, we all have our health, and no real huge problems in our life. We have each other, despite all the fighting and bickering that goes on. We all love each other and when it comes down to it we all have each other's backs and good intentions in mind. Praise the Lord for being so blessed!!

Last night I got to babysit one of my little sunshines....my little Ethie. If there's ever a time in my life where I can see God and see His amazing love and grace and power, it's in being with my Ethie. He's just so amazing for a kid of four who fights such huge battles every single day of his life!! His smile lights up my world and for someone to be SO excited to see me every single time, well it lets me know that the light of God somehow shines through me in some way :-) Ethie has built up his endurance in walking and literally walked/jumped my back out last night. He's such a TYPICAL little four year old boy other than the fact that he can't manipulate his body real well himself and relies on others....so of course I'm a pushover and play with him nonstop real rough for over an hour....so now my back has been in huge amounts of pain all day....but I wouldn't have it any other way. It was completely worth it.



After I put the boys to bed last night, I decided to help out Ethie's mom. I mean today is mother's day and she deserved to be treated a little bit. She's a mother to three children under 4 years of age, one being Ethie and the other being a 6-month old baby. That's a lot of work! So I did the dishes, cleaned up their kitchen, swept the floor, picked up the living room, and folded the laundry that she had not been able to get to that just laid on one of the couches. She was so surprised and loved it....she needed a day to just relax and enjoy her family and not worry about the house! And I'm glad I could help.

Annie in turn is blessing me, financially and spiritually this summer. She extended me an offer to come help out twice a week each week this summer to help play/watch Ethie and help Annie to get things done around the house, and to even on some days go with them to do fun things so she can actually enjoy being with the kids. She is going to compensate me rather well and I get to spend time with Ethie whom I adore immensely!! The Lord blesses us in ways we can't imagine. He always provides a door or a spectacular window when one door in our lives is closed.

As for other areas of my life, I am learning to be content. I have no idea when I'll get into nursing school. I have no dating life currently. My job with my kids will soon come to an end in two short weeks. And my future employment endeavors are within sight but of course never set in stone. I'm really trying to learn to be content. I'm trying to let God guide my life and not put up too much of a fight which I will admit, I'm stubborn and I fight Him a good portion of the time along the way. I'm asking a million questions and waiting for God to answer, and hoping I won't be too oblivious that I miss his answering.

We'll see where the road takes me here in these next few months. Always a crazy ride and never without a crazy story :-)

[Philippians 2:12-18]
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out[c] the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. 17But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

No comments: