Friday, August 01, 2008

Darkroom Dreams

Scott and I celebrated our two year anniversary last week and then my birthday is on monday. As a anniversary/birthday gift, he has got me started with the basics of a darkroom (think photography)! I won't have a darkroom for quite awhile. I don't have a place for one or a room dark enough for one. BUT I have the beginnings of a darkroom, which is so exciting!

How thoughtful of him to do that for me :) It's all second-hand antique darkroom equipment (well minus the trays and tongs) which makes it that much cooler!

I'm excited. One day I'll be able to explore my manual photography even more! If there's one thing that drives me nuts, it's sending your film somewhere to be developed and them cropping your pictures how they see fit. I know I'm missing SO much of my pictures every time I get them developed but I have no other choice. Soon enough though I can develop my own. One day my darkroom will be a reality and I can get a good digital camera and be happy :)

On other news, I made it to qualification for District Manager for Arbonne this month!! That's exciting. One more month and I'll be DM and be getting a paycheck from them!! I'm one month closer to financial freedom and being able to follow my dreams. It's rougly two years until then but really, come on, two years is absolutely nothing. In two years, I'll have the income to be completely debt free. And if that doesn't get someone excited I don't know what would!! hahaha

I moved into my new place! Ok well my furniture is there, along with six other people's stuff so I'm not technically living there yet. Tonight I'm cleaning my bedroom carpet and I hope tomorrow morning to actually be arranging my bed and hanging up clothes and whatnot. And next week the pictures will go up on the walls. Oh how glorious.

Have you ever seen Harry Potter?! Well if you have you will recall the walls of the staircases to the dormitories at Hogwarts are covered top to bottom with picture frame and after picture frame. One day I will have a wall just like that ;)

Anywho, off to do work and get to class. One week left of summer classes.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

hehe unpacking clothes :P good times. bet it won't be as exciting as other times you've unpacked clothes ;) and won't take as good pictures either!
anyway, congrats on your business! i'm excited to see you so stoked about something again :)