Friday, August 22, 2008

Which Path To Take

I sit here semi confused. I do this to myself a lot. I have so many passions and things I want to do with my life that often times I wonder if what I'm doing with my life is putting me towards what will fulfill my life the most. It takes faith but along with faith also needs to come some sort of knowledge of what the future might hold.

I have no idea what I want it to hold. I can't even tell you right now when/where I want marriage and kids to happen in my life.....other than not soon. Ha ha.

Recently I have been reevaluating my choice of college degree. I LOVE fitness, it's a passion. Nutrition is definitely something I love. I know I want to be a nurse for awhile. But recently my passion for volunteer work and college programming has start to take effect. I've been working with several offices on campus (Orientation, Transfer Transitions, SLiCE, etc.) and it's put an affect on me I wasn't expecting in the slightest. I want to help the world, make a difference, but in not just one way.

I know I'm not content sitting/standing still or being in one place for too long. I have long since figured that out though I LOVE Fort Collins and exactly where I'm at. However I don't want to ONLY be a nurse forever. There's my photography, my nutrition and fitness degree. I would love to work with college students and work for a college campus in which I help to do some sort of community engagement, leadership or orientation program of sorts. I also know I want to work with people. Being behind a computer doesn't suit my fancy. I also like flexibility.

I'm not quite sure what my talents are, what my niche is. I know I'm a great person (sounds egotistical I know). I get a lot of comments on how great I am at the things I choose to do, how I work hard. But honestly I don't know exactly what it is I do right other than bring energy, dedication and enthusiasm.

I don't know which path to take, what destinations these different paths would hold but I do know I'm continually at a crossroads. Hopefully eventually I'll be able to choose which path to take for the moment. Which fork in the road is the best for me, will make me happy, will glorify God and that will be fulfilling and rewarding.

Onwards I go.

No comments: