Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Time for another change

Here we go again! I'm moving in a few days and I couldn't be any happier!! This past year has been extremely difficult with my (soon to be ex) roommates. This has been a learning and growing experience, a test of my faith, and a test of character. They have lied, been hateful, manipulative and downright catty. They have tried to belittle my character, belittle my faith and belittle my integrity. Even today they are trying to be in control of my life and making me to be who they think I should be and putting me down all the while for it.

God has tested me, molded me and taught me through it all. I have drawn closer to God and bolstered my faith in a way in which I rather wish I wouldn't have taken this road to get to that point but God uses the right paths at the right time.

I have learned that I am not a horrible person because a human tells me so. I am wonderfully and masterfully created by God. Every inch of me. He designed who I was. He uses my character to mold me and be a tool to others in my life. And just because someone else doesn't like doesn't mean I need to take it to heart. Only what God thinks of me matters. I learned that the hard way but nonetheless I have learned it.

In two days I get to move into a new place with two new amazing woman. One is not a Christian and the other one I don't know. I know this will present all new challenges to me but I'm excited to be an instrument in the lives of these girls and develop our friendships. I am excited to not be living in a house where two "Christian" girls are constantly judging me but rather living in a house where I can live my faith freely but still answerable to God and show my Christian light to them (which ironically enough my current roommates have backed me into a corner and accused me of not being a Christian light to the world).

I'm excited for change. Nervous but still excited! I can't wait to see what adventures and lessons God has in store for me this next year :)

No comments: