Monday, July 21, 2008

The start of something wonderful

Well this past weekend I went on my first ever business trip for Arbonne. We had our nation's manager's retreat and it was amazing. The woman in this business are nothing short of miraculous, wonderful, giving and downright amazing :) AND the entire trip was centered around God and His blessings and relying on God to make it through in this business.

"You have not because you ask not" reverberated with me greatly.

It was awesome to get to expand my friendships with two of my uplines, Mattie and Emilie! It's always great to love and have a great relationship with those that you work with. People you can call and talk to anytime, pray with or whatnot. Or someone who is just there for you when you need it.

One of the Executive Vice President's from our nation started a philanthropic program for inner city kids with her residual income from Arbonne. It's taken her over a decade to get where she's at but now that she has a great income, she has the time and resources to make a dream of hers come true. She started a program called Life Change Ballroom in which she teaches inner city kids how to ballroom dance. But it's so much more than that. These are kids who were about to be kicked out of elementary school (yes you heard me right) for anger issues or being so behind on their work due to not having anyone who has been there for them. Every saturday she spends time tutoring them and after school they learn to dance. During summer they attend summer school to catch up. The kids are bright but just need help and guidance. One little boy got an 80% on his test....for sixth grade....and he was only a fourth grader!! They were marvelous to watch, in their adorable outfits and watching them go for it. I want to make a difference like that in the lives of others. Arbonne will allow me the vehicle to get there in a few years.

It was the most amazing weekend. How wonderful is it to know that the company you work for centers itself around God and His blessing; where woman who have known you all of ten minutes hug you and genuinely tell you they are proud of you; to work in an environment where everyone encourages, supports, and helps out one another; to be in a company that above all else believes we ALL deserve the best and puts God first before anything!!!

Alright, well I DID miss a bunch of homework this weekend so I have to finish studying for my exam tomorrow. I mean as much as I love all this I still have to work on school stuff ;)

Oh how I'm ready to take this world by the horns and run with God's blessings :)

No comments: