Sunday, April 25, 2010

Airplanes

I found this song recently that just really speaks to my soul in terms of the beat it gives and the chorus. It's called Airplanes pt. II by B.o.B. ft Hayley Williams & Eminem.

The chorus goes like this: can we pretend that airplanes in the sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now, wish right now....

One night I really just needed a night by myself so I took my camera and went to relax my soul. I ended up driving way out to the country out to where I used to live to take some pictures. And these are the result of that.





I also got to take some pics of two of my favorite boys while I was babysitting them last weekend. It was SOOO enjoyable getting to rough and tumble with them and love em and get to just be babysitter Nicole instead of teacher Nicole :-) Not to mention it's always really cool to hear them say "No daddy, go away" whenever the parents come home and they want to keep playing with me!! It lets me know I'm doing a great job!!




*All these pictures are copyrighted, please do not steal.

There is so much going on in my life. I'm working and trying to find a way to make even more money as I find myself perpetually in a financial bind. I just need to suck it up and work more for my parents, though I want more time for myself (and being sick this past week made that impossible as I found myself sleeping all the time just to try and get over the pure exhaustion that came over me).

Marisa and I started the hunt for apartments this last weekend. We are both looking to move in June and I can't wait!! I'm SOO excited to move downtown and be in a new atmosphere :-) Not to mention I can't wait to have a place of my own all again though with the current financial situation I'm wondering how I'm going to make it work. I'm pretty positive I'll have to take out a small loan until I can get more money under my belt.

I'm excited for new starts.

I learned that I got denied into nursing school about a month ago and since then I've been trying to figure out what to do with my life. I think God is putting a hold on that for a reason but I haven't figured that reason out. However, I do know that next year if I'm not in school of any sort I'm going to stay working in the school district as a substitute teacher. My principal already said that he would put in a really great reference with me (yeah! go me for being so good at working with my special needs kiddos!) so I know I have a guaranteed job in the school district with my repertoire of references. I think I'm going to work as a substitute teacher next year so I can make more money and then I can volunteer and still come see my favorite kiddos who are back with Kendall next year. I can make roughly $1600/month doing substitute teaching. This summer I'll get part of my para income and I think I'm going to try to continue with phlebotomy and become a "sitter", someone who sits with patients overnight. I basically just sit and read or do homework or whatever with patients who need an extra eye. And they make quite a bit of money. And then I'm also going to apply to volunteer at Children's Hospital :-) I have the boys parents working on a reference letter for me to go with that!

I have so many options for my future I find it really hard to decide what it is I'm going to do. I guess that's maybe what God wants me to learn from all this.....to make decisions and have faith that God is going to lead me where I need to go. Or he's going to teach me how to fall completely on my face with grace. hahaha.

Anywho, I'm off to spend my Sunday afternoon with my camera once again :-)

No comments: