Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Ode to Irish Heritage

Last weekend was WONDERFUL for me :-)

I went up to FoCo and spent some much needed time with friends.

Eamonn was having a house party friday night and invited me up to drink. When we drink it gets classy. We drink PBR. Most disgusting beer ever but so completely classy. HA! I'm actually being a smartass. His band Paddywhacked played, and Graham's band The Cheap$kate$ played, and then another band called the Road Agents. Punk rock shiz. Go good.

Oh and let's not forget Irish Car Bombs. It was rad. Totally loved the night!!





My best friend Dan came and got me and I crashed at his place.

Then the next day I slept in though he had to work and I snoozed then showered at his place.

That afternoon/evening I spent with my bros Marsh & Kev. Kev got the Kerr (my Irish family heritage Carr descends from the Scottish family Kerr) family crest on his chest. Oddly enough, the Kerr and Carr shield of arms are exactly the same. It was pretty badass. It's getting it finished in a few weeks. He's getting our heritage flags and our family initials added in the form of a chain for a necklace that comes down from his collarbones. I'll post a pic when it's done. It will be pretty sweet!!

Then that night Dan and I drank wine til 5am and had some really deep and intense conversations that included (but not limited to) friendship, politics, religion, love, relationships, the death penalty, dying, heaven and hell, God, the power of being touched, old age, and we wrapped up the last few hours of the night listening to music and sharing our passion for Lady Gaga, great music lyrics, and sexy powerful voices. It was exactly what my heart needed!!

It's amazing how much Dan and I DON'T agree on but how much we love and respect each other.

That's what it's all about people.

If we can be SO different yet be best friends, why the hell does the world have so many problems?! I don't get it.

Anywho, it was wonderful.

By the way, everyone should listen to Dropkick Murphy's "Shipping Up To Boston". It's just fucking rad.

Your feet will bring you to where your heart is. [Irish Proverb]

No comments: