Thursday, October 14, 2010

All in a Days Work

I never thought I'd turn into that person whose work becomes their life.

But when there's something worth making your life about...I guess that's just what happens.

Yes I use it as a coping mechanism for all the tough stuff in my life. But my work is about something beautiful and wonderful and so worthwhile. It's for something greater than myself.

These past two days were conferences. Which meant we didn't have kids. We are starting a new unit which meant that I had to switch out a lot of our toys, redo our bulletin boards, prep for all of our activities as well as for planning our regular weekly activities.

I found myself working a couple hours over what I'm supposed to work both yesterday and today. This is quite normal. I'm almost always a half hour early to work and it's not uncommon to find me working an hour later than what I get paid for.

But it's where I find solace. It's what I enjoy doing. And I want to revel in it while I can. In two short weeks I will not be an active part of this little preschool family that I've become a member of :-(

I wish I could stay.

I know that if money wasn't an issue, if I could do whatever I wanted without worrying about money or bills, if I could work for free...that is one of the things I would do. Work in the preschool classroom a couple days a week.

I'm going to miss it all. I'm going to miss my kiddos, my co-worker family, and yes I'm going to miss listening to the Tarzan soundtrack every day :-(

No comments: