Thursday, February 25, 2010

NO H8

So about a month ago, one of my very close friends Dan and I threw a NO H8 party! It was honestly a blast and I got to play photographer....which of course is FANTASTIC!!! The whole point of the party was two very opposite people coming together and hosting a party that celebrated the fact that though we have very different views on love, religion, politics, etc that we can still love and respect each other for who we are. A friend of mine committed suicide about a week prior to it so we also celebrated TWLOHA....a foundation of which I fully support and try to put into awareness at every turn possible.

*If you have no idea what TWLOHA is the foundation is To Write Love On Her Arms and it's a suicide awareness & prevention cause.

Anywho, the night went rather well. And I took some amazing pictures if I do say so myself. However, I was thrown in front of the camera at one point and I can honestly say I'm much more comfortable behind the camera that I am in front of it. And it's very weird editing pics of myself so they got the least amount of editing. Here are the 2 group photos for the night and one of myself :-)

This was our serious NO H8 group shot



Dan & I love Lady Gaga so we did a Love Monsters photo :-)



And this is me in front of the camera for once!

3 comments:

A Lady Called Amy said...

i really loved all these pics on facebook. i've already started talking to some of my friends about having a no H8 party. hopefully we do and hopefully i have the chance to take some pix as cool as yours. ;-)

Nicole.Ann said...

I hope that works out well for you!!! It was an amazing night!!! My two tips are as much light as possible and use flash to get the completely white effect if you are trying to completely reproduce the NO H8 photos :-) If you don't have flash it's a lot harder to get the brilliant white effect!!

Let me know how it goes!!! :-)

A Lady Called Amy said...

Thanks for the tips. I will def let you know! :-D